On June 23, nearly 1,200 volunteers will be collecting donations at intersections around the county for Red Shoe Day benefiting San Diego’s Ronald McDonald House, and McDonald’s restaurants are supporting the charity by collecting donations in participating restaurants June 5 – 26.
All proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego®, which provides a “home away from home” for families with children being treated for serious, often life-threatening conditions at local hospitals. The 47-bedroom house features a kitchen serving overnight and daytime visitors, and other services to meet the daily needs of families so that can stay close to their hospitalized child.
To contribute in restaurants, visit your San Diego County McDonald’s restaurant and donate $1 for a red paper shoe to display in the restaurant to show your support.
On June 23, San Diegans can donate cash to volunteers positioned at more than 100 intersections around the county during the morning commute. For more information or to volunteer for this year’s Red Shoe Day, visit RedShoeDaySD.com.
- Recent Posts
- Signature Sriracha Added to San Diego County McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Sandwich Menu
- San Diego McDonald’s® Restaurants Support Red Shoe Day 2016 By Collecting In-Restaurant Donations
- San Diego County McDonald’s® Awards $32,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Students
- San Diego County Mcdonald’s® Adds Breakfast Bowls, Chobani® Greek Yogurt Options To Menu
- San Diego County McDonald’s Offering $30,000 In Scholarships For Local Hispanic Students